Being more productive at work ensures that you make the most of your time at your workplace. The key is to being more conscious about how you spend you time doing different things throughout the day. Consider these tips to boost productivity at your office suite.
- Track exactly how much time is spent on emails, projects, social media and other daily tasks.
- Set deadlines for your tasks and projects.
- Take regular short breaks – studies have shown that breaks in between long tasks can help to maintain good performance.
- Say no to things that aren’t important and don’t add value to your work.
- Don’t multitask; commit to one single task and concentrate on it – this actually helps you to be more productive.
- Limit interruptions from colleagues the best you can – if possible, keep the doors closed or put on headphones when you need to focus on a task at hand so that colleagues know not to disturb you.
- Keep your email inbox organized and maintain a clutter-free desktop – both on your computer and your physical desk.
- Draw a clear line between personal matters and work stuff – only respond to personal emails and calls at home to avoid distractions during work.
It’s not that hard to maintain good performance and high productivity for yourself and your team at your office suite. With good planning and time management, things can get done efficiently.