Good etiquette is a must in any seminar room. Consider these do’s and don’t’s for both the presenter and participant.
For the presenter/facilitator – Do’s
- Stay in control entirely during your session. Pay attention to time. Stick to time limits. Start and end on time.
- Stick to the agenda. Don’t go off topic.
For the presenter/facilitator – Dont’s
- Do not wait for late arrivals in the seminar room. Respect people who came on time. Start the meeting or the presentation on time.
- When you leave the seminar room, make sure all white boards and flip charts are cleared completely. Leave the room clutter-free.
For participants – Do’s
- Arrive on time.
- Be attentive to the speaker.
- Turn off your phone or laptop while you are in the seminar room.
- Await your turn to speak in the seminar room.
For participant – Don’t’s
- Do not have a side conversation when someone is speaking.
- Do not interrupt while someone is speaking.
- Do not litter the seminar room.